Financial Information Systems
The Financial Information Systems (FIS) team maintains the stability, accuracy, and security of state financial systems:
- FINET – centralized accounting system
- State Data Warehouse
- FINDER – tax refund offset system>
- Payment Tracking system – warehouse for processing bank payments
Utah Public Finance (Transparency) website. Moreover, it provides training and support to financial information systems users.
A new project is underway in the Division of Finance to integrate the Payment Tracking System, called PTS, with FINET, the state financial system.
The new system will have the following advantages:
- The new system will be more resilient
- The new system will require less administrative support
- Users are familiar with FINET minimizing the need for additional training