Division of Finance
The Division of Finance promotes a culture of customer service, efficiency, and effectiveness. We also expect a high degree of fiscal accountability for the taxpayer resources entrusted to the State from the Utah Legislature and other stakeholders.
On July 1, 2021, the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) consolidated with other state departments to become the Department of Government Operations (DGO) as part of the Governor's initiative to streamline services. The Division of Finance will be an integral part of DGO. Please make note of this change.
What's New at The Division of Finance
Introducing the Expenditure Dashboard in the Division of Finance Data Warehouse!
Within the dashboard you can easily find high level Unit level spending or drill down to individual objects. The dashboard has current Fiscal Year data and old year data allowing current FY trending and historical comparisons. Future dashboards including a Revenue Dashboard are in development.
Click here to view the dashboard (VPN access maybe required to view this Dashboard).
Budget & Accounting (B&A) Officers Meetings
Agency Coordinator Team (ACT)
The Agency Coordinator Team (ACT) represents various state agencies. As experts in governmental accounting standards, policies, and practices, members act as a steering committee for the Division of Finance. These meetings will be held on:
- May 12 (Cancelled)
- August 11
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
All meetings will start at 8:30 AM and will be held remotely as part of our COVID 19 response.
The Payment Tracking System (PTS), is being updated and integrated with FINET, the state financial system.
The new system will have the following advantages:
- The new system will be more resilient
- The new system will require less administrative support
- Users are familiar with FINET minimizing the need for additional training
Our division contact information is:
- Phone: (801) 957-7780
- Fax: (385) 465-6012
- Finance Support Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payroll Help Desk: email@example.com
- Office of Debt Collection: (801) 957-7700
- Disbursements Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disbursements Phone: (801) 957-7760
- State Travel: (385) 214-7352 (Tami Nelson)
- Travel Agents: (800) 367-3230
Debt payments, garnishment processing and pickup of checks should all be performed at the State Capitol Office Building.
- State Capitol Complex - State Office Building room 1135